Dr. Shahada Shalash Is this you?

5 Ratings • 1 Comment

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Shahada Shalash?

the strangest experience in a doctor's office

Posted on May 26th, 2015

I need to find a new doctor for my insurance. Had a choice of 2 docs in the county. This is what happened with the 1st one. I had a hard time contacting them to start with, I called several times but all I got was fax noises. I faxed them & when they called back was told they are only there in the mornings & turn on the fax when closed. What? They don't take appointments! Just come some time before 11:30. (?) Went this morning & had the strangest experience in a doctor's office. I walked in to an office with 2 desks & files piled on top of tables & the desks, coming out of the filing cabinets. No one introduced themselves, I was just told to sit down in 1 of 2 chairs. The woman doing the paperwork looked like she was ready to go gardening, camo hat, track suit, etc. The guy turned out to be the doctor. Among the usual questions he asked where I went to college, what me hobbies are...HUH? I should be driving with the allergy medicine I take. It makes you sleepy. Tell him it doesn't & he shakes his head. (Been taking it for about 40 yr. hasn't happened yet.) Time for the exam, he had trouble working the scale - the old time kind that need you to slide things around. Told me I need to loss weight. DUH! I already told him I'd been fat all me life. Then he told me I should go on the the diet he went on for a whole summer, fasting. For a whole summer? That sounds very unhealthy. My blood pressure was high (wonder why?) Had wax in my ears. "Been putting Q-tips in too far." "I don't use Q-tips." "You've been putting them in too far." Who has the hearing problems? Get to the end, he tells me to come back tomorrow for blood work! Could I get the scrip for the blood pressure medicine I'm almost out of? (I have no intention of ever coming back!) No! Came home and made an appointment for the other doc.

Posted on December 8th, 2016