Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shahan V Yacoubian MD
Dr. Shahan V Yacoubian, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Burbank, CA, with another office in Glendale, CA. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery. He speaks English.
Dr. Shahan V Yacoubian has 2 locations
2625 W Alameda Ave Ste 116
Burbank, CA 91505
824 N Glendale Ave
Glendale, CA 91206
Book Online Now
Dr. Shahan V Yacoubian has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Shahan V Yacoubian has the following 4 expertise
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
Showing 5 of 16
Great Orthopedic Surgeon
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shahan V Yacoubian - Posted on December 26th, 2017
Had a severe fracture of the tibia, so severe that it required two operations, one to install an external fixator and a second to set the bone (closed reduction), which required 6 screws and a 12” steel plate. Dr. Yacoubian saw me on short notice and performed both surgeries perfectly. He and his wonderful staff helped me through a long and difficult recovery time. I’m now back on my feet again and operating at 100%. If you’re ever in need of an orthopedic surgeon, see Dr. Yacoubian first. He’s a miracle worker!
Thank you for giving me a life again.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shahan V Yacoubian - Posted on October 7th, 2017
I want to thank you and your staff for helping me to enjoy life again. I was in excruciating pain when I first saw. You told me that I would need a total hip replacement, explained the procedure, and had your staff help me make all the arrangements necessary before the procedure. I was very lucky as I did not suffer pain after surgery, as I had been told I would, and healed quite quickly. Your office staff was helpful and professional. My follow up visits with you were professional and friendly. I think you did an excellent job. Roberta A. Schwartz
wish I never replaced my knees
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shahan V Yacoubian - Posted on April 15th, 2017
After surgery ignores your concerns. Check your records after a visit. He does not do what is written down. 30 days after second knee done. I could not sit without strong pain from knee. I told him every visit the right knee does not like sitting. Was okay u till day 30 when I walked more. He did nothing checked nothing. Said was my back. His partner misdiagnosed the back. 18 months wasted. Now chronic pain and bone spurs on upper and lower knee caps. So not my back. Turns out bilateral anterior knee pain. He never once asked where the knee pain was. Got second opinion on back. Doctor checks everything, reads MRI. Finally says where is your pain. I said my knee he says where. I said must be my knee caps as I want to get a hammer and smash them. Back doctor says I am 90% sure it is not your back but your knees. Yep my knees. Now bone spurs on upper and lower knee caps both knees. Chronic pain meds have never worked. Not worth it better doctors.
Top Orthopedic Surgeon in the World!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shahan V Yacoubian - Posted on August 23rd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shahan V Yacoubian - Posted on June 8th, 2016
I was referred to Shahan V. Yacoubian, M.D. by a friend after I had experienced an extremely bad left hip replacement surgery by another doctor. After meeting with Dr. Shahan Yacoubian, I had a right hip replacement surgery by him and he paid special attention to my specific issues as a result of the prior bad surgery experience with the other doctor, and this time I had an excellent experience and fast and easy recovery. His staff was always professional and made the experience a pleasure. I cannot say enough to recommend Dr. Yacoubian and his staff as well as St. Joseph Hospital in Burbank for their care and professionalism.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
18 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Shahan V Yacoubian Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shahan V Yacoubian, MD - Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery in Burbank, CA, in this video.
Dr. Shahan V Yacoubian is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Burbank, CA.