Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ben E Behnam has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
- Cosmetic Surgery (Aesthetic Procedures)
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Basal Cell
- Mohs Surgery (Dermatological Surgery)
- Skin Biopsy
Showing 4 of 4
It takes at least six months to begin to see the results of a hair transplant. I just had mine done last week, so it's way too early to comment on results. What I can comment on, however, is the process and the experience. Going into my procedure I was well aware of Dr. Sean's credentials and reputation. That's why I chose him. But, I had no idea that I'd be in for such a pleasant experience (a word that I probably wouldn't have associated with a process that puts a thousand holes in your scalp and lasts for two whole days). Dr. Sean and his technicians Michelle and Ismael are a DREAM TEAM! Aside from being amazingly meticulous in ways that have left me with no pain and little visual evidence of the surgery just a few days after the procedure, these three professionals really took care of me during the 18+ hours I sat in their chair. They were incredibly attentive to my comfort and were my cheerleaders in those last few hours when the fatigue kicked in. We laughed and joked, and I had two really good lunches. These are the elements of the process that people don't typically talk about. I didn't consider it at all when researching hair transplant specialists. I got lucky. If you live in Southern California and are looking for the high-tech FUE procedure AND the undivided attention of a highly-skilled and compassionate team, there's no place else to consider. Oh, and pricing is great, and they made financing really easy!
Dr. Behnam is very caring and considerate physician, he spent a considerable amount of time with, he investigated my skin condition thoroughly and presented me with treatment options. Dr. Behnam ensured that I was educated on how to use the medicines he prescribed and even wrote me a detailed note. Within a day of seeing Dr. Behnam, my symptoms subsided and I have been very pleased with the results. The office support staff Rosie and Rita are friendly, courteous and helpful. I would recommend Dr. Behnam wholeheartedly to family and friends.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
14 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Ben E Behnam accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDermatology And Hair Restoration, 2825 Santa Monica Blvd Ste 303A, Santa Monica, CA
Dr. Ben E Behnam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Monica, CA.