Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shahed A Quyyumi
Dr. Shahed A Quyyumi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Staten Island, NY. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Quyyumi is affiliated with Staten Island University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Shahed A Quyyumi has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Weight Loss
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Showing 5 of 26
When I first had issues with my thyroid I saw Dr. Q. Thyroid problems run rampant in my family on both sides. Mine was hyper. Dr. Q said many doctors are very quick to remove or irradiate it. He asked me I would like her under control with medication, although might take a bit of time. I was so happy I took his suggestion and within about two years my thyroid was back functioning normally and there is no need be on meds for it. I have my checked annually all is well!!!
I started to see Dr Q in 1993 and he was the best Dr and most knowledgeable. I moved to westchester in 2008 and wasn't able to see him and have been jumping around to Dr's in Manhattan and westchester ever since. I'm moving back to the island and plan on going back to him. I just hope the wait time isnt 2 hours anymore
Dr. Quyyumi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Charing Cross & Westminster Medical Schools
Graduated in 1980
University Of Virginia Health System
Dr. Shahed A Quyyumi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Physicians Group, 1460 Victory Blvd, Staten Island, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shahed A Quyyumi in this video.
Dr. Shahed A Quyyumi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Staten Island, NY.