Dr. Shahed Quyyumi Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Shahed Quyyumi?

Great visit

Posted on March 29th, 2017

Fantastic doctor for Thyroid issues!

Posted on January 18th, 2017

When I first had issues with my thyroid I saw Dr. Q. Thyroid problems run rampant in my family on both sides. Mine was hyper. Dr. Q said many doctors are very quick to remove or irradiate it. He asked me I would like her under control with medication, although might take a bit of time. I was so happy I took his suggestion and within about two years my thyroid was back functioning normally and there is no need be on meds for it. I have my checked annually all is well!!!

ms

Posted on September 16th, 2016

I find him to be very honest and straight forward with my overall health. I found him to be professional. Overall I feel he is a very good Dr. I've been a patient for a few years. His staff is also very professional. I'm still one of his patients.

Posted on September 23rd, 2015

He was very rude and nasty and dismissed my concerns. My family noticed changes in my personality and he made a sexist remark and said that I was probably always that way. I found out my progesterone levels were way off from a friendly kind other doctor

Best Dr!

Posted on January 22nd, 2015

I started to see Dr Q in 1993 and he was the best Dr and most knowledgeable. I moved to westchester in 2008 and wasn't able to see him and have been jumping around to Dr's in Manhattan and westchester ever since. I'm moving back to the island and plan on going back to him. I just hope the wait time isnt 2 hours anymore

The best!

Posted on September 18th, 2014

I started seeing Dr Q at 14yrs old for type 1 diabetes. I'm 34yrs old now and haven't seen him in 7 years bc I moved to westchester. I haven't been able to find a doctor as good as him , not even in the city. He is old school and knows about nearly every medical Condition and actually directs you to someone if it's out of his area. He is the best and I plan on moving back to SI and can't wait to make an appt so he can diagnose what 6 other dr's couldn't (all in different fields too!)

dissapointed

Posted on August 20th, 2014

Saw this dr for the first time he barely listen to me, I explained that I had several nodules and had a biopsy done 2 years ago and everything seem fine then, It was recommended for me to see a specialist due a large thyroid, I explained to him that I was not able to loose weight, not able to sleep and other issues going on. So he just looked at my previous physical and blood work done from a different office and checked my neck and said that I was fine, to come back in a year and gave me a prescription for a blood test. So I said to him "you are not going to do a sonogram to verify" So, he said oh ok, so he called the assistance and she took me to do the sonogram, they made me wait and then he calls me in and tells me that I have hypothyroidism and has to prescribe me med. So if I don't say anything to him, I would have left without the proper treatment. Then the med was given me a rash, so I started calling the office to find out if I should stop the med or not, very difficult to get thru. I was very disappointed this doctor seems to be ready to retire. I need to find a doctor that cares.

Good luck