Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shaheda F Maroof has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Shaheda F Maroof has the following 13 expertise
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Birth Control
- Substance Abuse
- Depressive Disorder
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Dr. Shaheda F Maroof is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Amazing doctor. I started seeing Dr. Maroof for anxiety and adhd issues when I was about 12 and I'm now 18. I was a complicated case but Dr. Maroof kept trying and prescribing things she thought would help, refusing to give up. Long long hours spent appointments running over she helped me. Accommodating and so down to earth - only psychiatrist who I feel can relate somehow and she's easy to talk to. When I went to her for the first time I wasn't even able to leave the car to go into orientation freshmen year because of my anxiety and this year I'm graduating and taking AP class. I never thought I would get this far and she helped me get there. I wouldn't have made it through high school without her help. Crippling anxiety disorders and ADHD and I've already gotten accepted into a great college. None of this would have been possible without Maroof. She changed my life.
40 Years Experience
Gandhi Medical College
Graduated in 1978
Wayne State University
Dr. Shaheda F Maroof accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
Locations & DirectionsAdolescent Child Adult Psy, 4041 Ed Dr Ste 108, Raleigh, NC
Dr. Shaheda F Maroof is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Raleigh, NC.