More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shaheer Yousaf
Dr. Shaheer Yousaf, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Waldorf, MD. His specialties include Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Yousaf is affiliated with MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center, Medstar St Marys Hospital and UM Charles Regional Medical Center. Dr. Yousaf has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Shaheer Yousaf has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Shaheer Yousaf has the following 5 expertise
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
Dr. Shaheer Yousaf has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Shaheer Yousaf is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 32
I highly appreciate the professionalism of Dr Yousaf. He took the time to understand my problem and provided invaluable information. I did not feel like the standard patient; more like a member of the family. His approach was not "business like" but more like the patient doctor relationship of old where the doctor truly believed in being a healer. The art of healing is a calling; it is not business. It would be truly wonderful if all in the medical world would follow the this form of practice.
A visit with Dr. Yousaf is delightful,informative, and always gives me the feeling that he is concerned about solving my issues so my quality of life is the best it can be. Very compassionate healer. I recommend him often and his staff is wonderful.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Yousaf is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Shaheer Yousaf accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCenter For Advanced Orthopedics, 7 Post Office Rd Ste Y, Waldorf, MD
Dr. Shaheer Yousaf is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Waldorf, MD.