Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shahid S Aziz has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Shahid S Aziz has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
Showing 5 of 26
I scheduled my vacations around my proceedure. It was planned five month in advance. The PA and office were nice but the office called me two weeks in advance and told me to cancel the colonoscopy since he does not usually do proceedures at the time mine was scheduled. If he is usually off that time why did they give me an appointment? I never met him but if the office staff cannot manage a schedule, what are they going to do with my medical records?
I saw Dr Aziz in 2014 because I had Hep C and my PCP noticed that my liver enzymes were high. I was impressed with Dr Aziz from the moment he took over my care. He did a liver biopsy and concluded that I needed to be put on Harvoni, a new drug for Hep C. I was on this treatment for 12 wks, and was 99% free from Hep C when I finished. He may not have the best bedside manner, but he is the most thorough and professional doctor I've ever had...and kind as well. Both his nurse and P/A were just as courteous and professional as he was. I highly recommend him.
I was a patient of Dr Aziz and he conducted two colonoscopy procedures on me. I recently sent Dr Aziz a request to complete my Dept. of VA 21-0960G-2 Intestinal Conditions Diverticulitis Questionnaire. His office representative (not sure if it was Cecilia Martinez who signed by return of receipt card) called my at my job to inform me that Dr Aziz does not fill out Disability forms for VA. I request that statement in writing so that I could forward to the VA and she stated no written correspondences would be provided but she did recommending that I request a copy of my medical records from their office. I was disgusted with this phone call because Dr Aziz perform 2 Colonoscopy Procedures less than 4 months apart. First procedures was in Oct and then the second procedures was in Dec and Dr Aziz wanted to do another Colonoscopy (3rd procedures). This actions tells me that there may be a medical issue I should be concern about. As his patient I was relying on his medical expertise to share with the VA on my behalf. His representative bedside matters was terrible and a little rude. The fact that his office does not support veterans but accepts Tricare is very bias. I also offer to pay for his time to complete my form out of my own pocket and not thru my insurance.
Dr. Aziz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Osteopathic Medical Center Of Texas
Dr. Shahid S Aziz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMedical Edge Fort Worth Digestive Assoc, 1650 W Rosedale St Ste 302, Fort Worth, TX
Dr. Shahid S Aziz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Worth, TX.