Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shahid Mahmood has the following 3 specialties
Similar to what pathologists do, cytopathologists analyze specimens in a lab to help your doctor diagnose your condition. However, cytopathologists primarily analyze cells from tissues, tumors and lesions in order to detect disease, whereas pathologists primarily focus on bodily fluid samples.
The most common example of this is pap smears, which cytopathologists use to detect and study the precursors to cervical cancer in women. Additionally, they help oncologists detect blood cancers and blood disorders. You can think of all pathologists as a type of lab consultant for doctors. You consult with your doctor and then he or she often consults with a pathologist who uses lab testing to confirm what they suspect your condition might be.
- Anatomic Pathology
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Mahmood is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Shahid Mahmood accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEmes Professional Associates Pc, 46 Jackson Dr, Cranford, NJ
Dr. Shahid Mahmood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cranford, NJ.