Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shahid S Sarwar has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Shahid S Sarwar has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Shahid S Sarwar has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
I have been a patient of Dr. Sarwar since 2002. He REALLY, REALLY cares about me, not only as a patient, but as a person. I consider him a very good friend. He always greets me with a "Ann Isbell, favorite patient". He's so sweet and funny and caring. He sends me to only the BEST specialists and takes a personal interest in my well-being. I just love my doc!
Dr. Sarwar is the best MD I have been to. He takes time to explain things and also allows me to ask questions. He does not rush a person. He is also careful in his prescriptions and diagnosis and if he doesn't have the answer, he seeks to figure it out or send you to the appropriate specialist. You can't ask for much more than that. Also, his office can handle drawing blood, EKG's, X-rays., etc. Pretty much a full service office.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
St Francis Hospital
Dr. Shahid S Sarwar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEmery Medical Center, 2380 S Elmhurst Rd, Mount Prospect, IL
Dr. Shahid S Sarwar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mount Prospect, IL.