Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shahinaz E Soliman
Dr. Shahinaz E Soliman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Torrance, CA. She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Soliman is affiliated with Del Amo Hospital and Torrance Memorial Medical Center. Dr. Soliman has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Shahinaz E Soliman has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Shahinaz E Soliman has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Shahinaz E Soliman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 62
This office is so on top of their patients I had a great experience and felt very cared for here. My whole family has been coming here for 10 yrs. Sure sometimes there is a wait to be seen but its because the Dr takes her time with every patient. one time she had to explain something to me that I had but didnt understand and she spent 35 mins with me and I left understanding my disease and how I can cope with its processes. Thank you Dr Soliman and Staff!
This office has the worst front office I have ever had to deal with! Constant errors & mistakes are made with billing, lab slips , not returning phone calls etc... , and their attitude is the rudest ever if you dare to ask them to correct a mistake THEY made! Lorena, was the worst of the group, and the one directly responsible for many of the errors! The office also seems to pawn patients off onto the constantly changing PA's. They overbook, wait time is almost always a minimal of one hour, (even with the PAs,) so obviously they don't value their patient's time.! There are too many "good Doctors" in the southbay that actually care how their patients are treated by staff, and this is NOT one of them. I have spoken to the doctor numerous times about all these issues, yet nothing has changed. I have been way too patient for too long. I go to a doctor to maintain my health, not have stress caused by her incompetent, disorganized, rude front office staff! Luckily, I have many other, excellent doctors I see regularly & I have been given several names of excellent general practitioners to call for a new primary care doctor. I am excited to see my new doctor soon, as the exchange with her front office was actually pleasant! The lady was very professional, kind, courteous, & knowledgable, otherwise the exact opposite of the front office staff at Dr. Soliman's office!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Soliman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Charles R Drew University
Dr. Shahinaz E Soliman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSOLIMAN CARE FAMILY PRACTICE, 3445 Pacific Coast Hwy Ste 200, Torrance, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shahinaz E Soliman, MD - Family Medicine in Torrance, CA, in this video.
Dr. Shahinaz E Soliman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Torrance, CA.