Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shahla P Rah has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Weight Loss
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Showing 5 of 43
Dr. Rah is amazing! No other doctor has taken the time to run the necessary tests in order to figure out what is causing my pain. I have been suffering for about 20 years and now Dr. Rah is helping me figure out the source of my pain. I feel confident that she will help me find a cure or at least a treatment that will help to alleviate the pain. I would highly recommend Dr. Rah.
I have had hemorrhoids removed from Dr. Rah several years ago and now again just recently. Before I visited her I had no idea that hemorrhoids could be removed so easily and thought I would just have to live with them. Thankfully she was able to rid me of this problem quickly and with very little discomfort. Thanks Dr. Rah!
For anyone that had any GI issue, you might've experienced that it is challenging to book an appointment with GI specialist. I was in worse pain of my life, and could not get any doctor to see me right away. That's when I found Dr. Rah! Her office staff was very understanding of my pain level, and was able to see me right away when no other doctors could. She had treated me, educated me of the process, she is a life saver for me. I recommend Dr. Rah to both female & male patients who is suffering from any hemorrhoid, fissures, any Gastro issues. Thank you Dr. Rah for being a great doctor!
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2013, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Shahla P Rah accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPortneuf Medical Center, 777 Hospital Way, Pocatello, ID
Dr. Shahla P Rah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pocatello, ID.