Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shaikh M Ahmed has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Critical Care
Showing 5 of 12
Horrible Doctor. I had numerous instances where he gave me an incorrect diagnosis and preferred to prescribe me prescription pain medication than to actually find out what the problem was. He never felt my glands or looked into my ears or throat just came in for like 2 minutes and every time got the diagnosis wrong!
This practice should be shut down due to,terrible service for patients and illegal prescription dispensing and are under investigation by state of new york,They are out to get your money,and do not care about their patients needs,they are very un-professional,rude and I would "BEWARE" of this doctor and rude staff.I would highly recommend you find different doctor and stay as far away as possible from this practice.
My wife and I have been seeing Dr. Ahmed for over 4 years now and every visit is great. Always friendly and available. Great bedside manner. The staff are kind and friendly. I never have any issues getting prescriptions for all the different medications that I have to take. No one likes going to the doctor, but Dr. Ahmed makes it less stressful.
Dr. Shaikh M Ahmed accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSalem Family Health Center, 213 Main St, Salem, NY
Dr. Shaikh M Ahmed is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salem, NY.