Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Shaila V Chauhan has the following 3 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
Dr. Shaila V Chauhan has the following 5 expertise
- Ovulation Induction
- Miscarriage (Recurrent)
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
Dr. Shaila V Chauhan has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Shaila V Chauhan is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
University of Minnesota 1983 all of the big shot infertility specialists had written me off is an unexplained case of infertility then Dr Phansey saw me crying on the way out of the office and said there is a new treatment let's try it The other doctors would not bother with anything new today I have a beautiful 32-year-old daughter thank you Dr. Phansey
Horrible physician. She was an hour late for a not-quite mid-morning appointment. This doctor walked into the room, introduced herself, and then told me then and there what was wrong with me without a SINGLE piece of medical background or a single question for me. She made multiple assumptions from the get-go and had to be prompted to listen to the full story and to work in a chronological fashion through my medical history. She suffers from the infamous 10 second doctor attention span and was all over the place. I left feeling demoralized and ashamed of my medical situation. Why in the world is this woman, who is 69, working in a field that requires such empathy and gentleness, when she's willing to be judgmental from the get-go. Time for her to retire - please retire! I wish you could give zero stars for something like bed side manner. I don't think she's ever heard the phrase.
I called on day 3 of my cycle, as my cycle had started on a saturday. I was on hold a couple times for over 20 minutes. I called back the next day and asked for the appointments to be scheduled and if they could be scheduled on a certain day, as I had already taken the day off for the orientation. I was told that there was not an orientation on that day. That started the problems. I did not receive a call back about my appointments until 4 days later. There is only a short window for these appointments and because the scheduling staff could not do their job and had to be reminded by me 3 times to schedule the appointments.When someone finally called me back I was told I had to wait to my next cycle because they were short staffed due to vacations. I don't know about you, but this has been a long and depressing road already and since I have decided to pursue this course of treatment, I wanted to get started as quickly as possible, not have to wait 6 more week. They did schedule my tests for when I asked, but I got there and the wrong blood work had been scheduled, so I was told by the lab to come back the next day. I got my ultrasound and left,only to be called back 2 hours later to get some blood work done before my dye test in the afternoon, a test which I was half an hour late for because I was told the wrong time.I did have to go back the next day for the blood work. If one more scheduling thing goes wrong, I will be looking for another doctor. This is stressful enough without having to deal with incompetent staff.
Brown University Hospital
Dr. Shaila V Chauhan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUmass Memorial Medical Center, 119 Belmont St, Worcester, MA
Dr. Shaila V Chauhan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Worcester, MA.