Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shailaja G Raj has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Shailaja G Raj has the following 12 expertise
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Breast Exam
Showing 5 of 42
Dr. Raj was INSTRUMENTAL in helping me to sustain my pregnancies. I have had 2 babies with Dr. Raj's help, and she always LISTENED to what I had to say and how I felt. Dr. Raj believes in taking into account how the PATIENT tells her she's feeling, as opposed to giving generic diagnoses based on what the majority of people feel. For a long time, I felt that my doctors were not interested in what I told them I was feeling, but not with Dr. Raj. I love her for that and would recommend her to ANYONE! You could not have a better doctor!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013, 2014)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
51 Years Experience
Bangalore Medical College
Graduated in 1967
St Elizabeths Medical Center
Dr. Shailaja G Raj accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWomens Care, 3749 N Causeway Blvd Ste C, Metairie, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shailaja G Raj in this video.
Dr. Shailaja G Raj is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Metairie, LA.