Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shailesh K Desai
Dr. Shailesh K Desai, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lake Mary, FL. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Hospice & Palliative Medicine. Dr. Desai is affiliated with Orlando Regional South Seminole Hospital, Orlando Regional Medical Center and Florida Hospital Waterman. Dr. Desai has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Shailesh K Desai has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Where many doctors think they are God, Dr. Desai does not. He is very caring, patient, and kind. Years ago, after saving my life I said, âThank you, Dr. Desai, you saved my lifeâ. Dr Desai replied, âI'm just a doctor, God saved your lifeâ. It is rare to find such humbleness and the level of concern, and care he demonstrates. Recently, I had a very long, involved surgery that would be performed at a hospital that is normally not frequented by Dr. Desai. However, knowing my apprehension (I literally was afraid I was going to die) he agreed to be my hospital physician for the surgery. I know it took a considerable amount of time from his schedule to go to this hospital a good distance from the hospitals he regularly has patients just for one patient (me), but he did it. In fact, I didn't awake to the nurse in recovery, but opened my eyes to see Dr. Desai standing at my bedside, in recovery, waiting for me to wake up. He was a welcome site.
Very caring and humble. Always a pleasure to visit his office. The atmosphere is relaxed & friendly.He listens and explains things in a clear fashion, and takes time to address your questions. Dr. Desai is a 10 in my book !
Dr. Desai is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Guthrie Healthcare System
Dr. Shailesh K Desai accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsShailesh Kantilal Desai Md, 1938 Redwood Grove Ter, Lake Mary, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shailesh K Desai in this video.
Dr. Shailesh K Desai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lake Mary, FL.