Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shailesh R Patel MD
Dr. Shailesh R Patel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Schenectady, NY, with another office in Schenectady, NY. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Patel is affiliated with Ellis Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Shailesh R Patel has 2 locations
2125 River Rd Ste 203
Schenectady, NY 12309
Book Online Now
Dr. Shailesh R Patel has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Shailesh R Patel has the following 7 expertise
- Chest Infection
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shailesh R Patel - Posted on October 7th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shailesh R Patel - Posted on November 16th, 2010
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shailesh R Patel - Posted on April 26th, 2010
Friendly and kindEven though I felt scared to go under machine, Doctor was very friendly and kind so I felt a little comfort. Well-organisedHe worked quickly. I needed to have X-ray check to my root. He asked me to wait outside to get x-ray result. In the mean while, he checked other patients. After I got the result, he called my name. I did not feel like I waited for so long.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shailesh R Patel - Posted on December 29th, 2009
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
- Baroda Medical College
Dr. Shailesh R Patel Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Shailesh R Patel
Dr. Shailesh R. Patel earned his Doctor of Medicine degree from Baroda Medical College in Baroda, India. He completed his residency in Internal Medicine and fellowship in Pulmonary Medicine at Methodist Hospital in Brooklyn, New York. Dr. Patel also completed a fellowship in Critical Care Medicine at Albany Medical College. Dr. Patel has practiced in Schenectady since 1990. He is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and has subspecialty board certification in Critical Care Medicine, Pulmonary Disease and Sleep Medicine. Dr. Patel sees patients at CapitalCare Pulmonary Medicine, 2125 River Road, Niskayuna. Call 518-831-8530.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Shailesh R Patel is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Schenectady, NY.