Get the facts about allergic asthma, including who gets it and what the most common symptoms are.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Shailesh S Patel has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
Dr. Shailesh S Patel has the following 13 expertise
- Thyroid Diseases
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Chest Infection
- Angiographic Visualization
Dr. Shailesh S Patel has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 30
Dr. Patel is my doctor and my friend. He quite literally saved my life. But he has the most rude and condescending front staff I have ever encountered. I see other such reviews of his staff on this site. If you intend to see Dr. Patel and are having second-thoughts because of the low marks of his staff, do yourself a favor and get in to see him, despite the sour experience at the front desk.
So relieved to find Dr. Patel! He truly cares and he has a wonderful affect as well as a holistic approach. I've been trying for 3 years to figure out what's wrong with me - I had been incorrectly diagnosed with asthma. He listened to me and made an accurate diagnosis of reactive airway in just a few minutes!
I can't believe the negative comments about Dr. Shailesh's personality and about his only being interested in money! I've been his patient for four years and he has always been unfailingly polite, concerned and thorough. He has never failed to return a call, either. I find him very mindful of the cost involved in health care and he's always worked with on this. I would recommend Dr. Shailesh very highly
38 Years Experience
Medical College Baroda
Graduated in 1980
Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
Dr. Shailesh S Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCalifornia Chest And Medical Center, 2625 W Alameda Ave Ste 506, Burbank, CA
Dr. Shailesh S Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Burbank, CA.