Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shakil A Khan has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
This so called Medical Doctor has the worst "bedside manners" ever! My husband went to this emergency care facility due to aches and pains, to add quickly we had been there a month prior and had been taken care of by a real professional Doctor but because currently we do not have a primary care provider a(due to type of insurance we currently have) we came here, well first he tried to lecture us that this clinic was for emergencies only that we needed to find a Doctor, then told my husband that he will never see him again as a patient! again because we need to find a Family doctor! and if walked back into this clinic he will be (my husband) turned away! Unbelievable!! so this Ahmed Khan MD is no Doctor at all! please think twice about seeing this man!
I waited for well over an hour to see Dr. Khan. When he arrived, he spent a total of 10 minutes speaking with me, and attempted to perscribe a medication I had taken years ago that I was not pleased with during that time. It was an uphill battle, considering he even GOOGLED the medication to prove that it would help my situation. I finally got my point across and obtained the proper script - thankfully I know what helps my symptoms. Think again if you aren't sure what is best for your condition.
Dr. Khan is incompitent!!! He tried to prescribe me high blood pressure medicine as a treatment when I already have low blood pressure! He has no clue what he is talking about and makes no sense. I took a friend along to make sure that I was correct on my opinion and the first thing out of her mouth once we left was "find a new doc asap!"He doesn't listen to what you have to say and is also very hard to understand. I would never recommend him to anyone!
33 Years Experience
Liaquat National Medical College
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Shakil A Khan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Shakil A Khan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.