Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shakir Sarwar
Dr. Shakir Sarwar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Glouster, OH, with another office in Nelsonville, OH. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Hematology & Oncology. Dr. Sarwar is affiliated with Ohiohealth Obleness Hospital and OhioHealth Grant Medical Center. Dr. Sarwar has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Shakir Sarwar has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hematology & Oncology
Dr. Shakir Sarwar has the following 15 expertise
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Blood Cancer
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Hepatitis C
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
Showing 5 of 13
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Sarwar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Shakir Sarwar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shakir Sarwar in this video.
Dr. Shakir Sarwar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glouster, OH.