Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Shakoor A Arain has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Shakoor A Arain has the following 15 expertise
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Ultrasound
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Exercise Stress Test
- Heart Diseases
- Chest Pain
- Shortness of Breath
- Nuclear Stress Test
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- High Blood Pressure
Showing 2 of 11
MY WIFE AND I WERE TOLD THAT WE WERE TO COME IN NEXT DAY BY THE DOCTOR HIMSELF AND HE WOULD TALK TO US ABOUT MY CONDITION AND HELP WITH DISABILITY PAPERS WHEN WE ARRIVED WE WERE HUMILIATED AND EMBARRASSED WE WOULD NOT OF WENT IF WE WOULD OF NEW THEY WERE GOING TO TREAT US THAT WAY WE ARE FINIMG PAPERS WITH MEDICAL BOARD ON COMPLAINTS WE HAVE HE COULD OF TOLD US THE TRUTH WHEN HE SEEN US AT THE HOSPITAL AND SAVED US ALL THE MISERY WE HAVE A GREAT CARDIOLOGIST NOW WITH VERY CARING STAFF
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Arain is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Wayne State University
Dr. Shakoor A Arain accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTREASURE COAST CARDIOLOGY, 1713 US Highway 441 N Ste B, Okeechobee, FL
Dr. Shakoor A Arain is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Okeechobee, FL.