Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shakti K Matta MD
Dr. Shakti K Matta has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Shakti K Matta has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Shakti K Matta is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shakti K Matta - Posted on March 11th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shakti K Matta - Posted on September 5th, 2015
Not my kids doctor anymore
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shakti K Matta - Posted on June 23rd, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shakti K Matta - Posted on April 13th, 2015
Dr Matta's office used to be pretty good and would get us in relatively quickly without any problems in the past and the care used to be decent. As time went on the level of care was mediocre at best and kind of like you were getting herded through the line. My children are usually healthy and don't very often need to go to the Dr.. I recently called because my child was having some problems and needed to be seen. They told me that since it had been so long since he had been in that he couldn't be seen ever. I was confused and wanted clarification as I have never had this problem before and was not offered any other explanation than that. So much for caring about your patients. I know several other people that have bee patients and say the care is less than mediocre and the overall experience fell extremely short of any expectations. Would never recommend them to anyone!
not totally happy
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shakti K Matta - Posted on March 31st, 2015
I was happy with staff and Dr at first, but Dr was eventually very rude, and we found another Dr. He is not open to anything that falls outside the norm of western medicine, including the idea of food sensitivities (because it is hard to get clear test results for them, so they must not be real). That part I did not mind so much, but I refuse to be treated like that by anyone.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
26 Years Experience
University of Delhi
Graduated in 1993
Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
Dr. Shakti K Matta Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Group Health Coop
- Group Health Coop Alliant Plus Connect
- Group Health Coop Core
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPEDIATRICS FOR YOU PLLC, 6802 W Rio Grande Ave # 1, Kennewick, WA
Dr. Shakti K Matta is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Kennewick, WA.