Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shalini G Kaneriya
Dr. Shalini G Kaneriya, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Reston, VA. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Kaneriya is affiliated with Virginia Hospital Center, Inova Fairfax Hospital and Inova Fair Oaks Hospital. Dr. Kaneriya has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Shalini G Kaneriya has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Shalini G Kaneriya has the following 9 expertise
- Preventive Medicine
- Women's Health
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 23
Iâve been her patient almost ten years and will return to this page to see where sheâs opening her new office. I called the old office today and they said they did not know. Dr. Kaneriya diagnosed an issue years before symptoms would have appeared. She referred me to a specialist who wondered how she knew to request the exact test that confirmed the diagnosis. I owe her a lot of good health. In addition she's always friendly and picks up on the conversation we had last time.
I, too, await the opening of her new office. I have been Dr. Kaneriya's patient for six years and have always been treated as if I were her only patient. I am sure most others, if not all, feel the same way. Always thorough, always inquisitive, always takes time to explain things, always makes sure I understand my situation, and never once has rushed me out the door. Who could ask for more?
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Kaneriya is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Shalini G Kaneriya accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLifetime Internal Medicine, 1830 Town Center Dr Ste 103, Reston, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shalini G Kaneriya in this video.
Dr. Shalini G Kaneriya is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Reston, VA.