Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shalini Manchanda
Dr. Shalini Manchanda, MD, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Indianapolis, IN, with another office in Urbana, IL. She has 31 years of experience. Her specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Manchanda is affiliated with Richard L Roudebush VA Medical Center (Indianapolis VA Medical Center), Indiana University Hospital & Outpatient Center and IU Health. She speaks English.
Dr. Shalini Manchanda has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Manchanda is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Richard L Roudebush VA Medical Center (Indianapolis VA Medical Center)
Indiana University Hospital & Outpatient Center
IU Health Methodist Hospital
Clarian Health Partners Methodist IU R
Indiana University Health
IU Medical Group
Wishard Health Services
William N Wishard Memorial Hospital
Carle Foundation Hospital
Clarian Health Partners, Incorporated
IU Health Methodist / IU Health University
IU Health North
Clarian North Medical Center
IU Health West
Clarian Health - Methodist Hospital
31 Years Experience
Christian Medical College, Vellore
Graduated in 1985
University Of Wisconsin Hospital
Dr. Shalini Manchanda accepts the following insurance providers.
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- Sagamore Plus
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Shalini Manchanda is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.