Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shamaila A Aslam
Dr. Shamaila A Aslam, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Conroe, TX, with another office in Tomball, TX. She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Aslam is affiliated with CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center, Conroe Regional Medical Center and Tomball Regional Medical Center. Dr. Aslam has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Shamaila A Aslam has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Shamaila A Aslam has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 3 of 8
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shamaila A Aslam - Posted on March 24th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shamaila A Aslam - Posted on December 22nd, 2009
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shamaila A Aslam - Posted on November 16th, 2009
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Aslam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
King Edward Medical University
Graduated in 1995
University Of Illinois
Dr. Shamaila A Aslam accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Shamaila A Aslam is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Conroe, TX.