Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shameem Akhtar
Dr. Shameem Akhtar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lafayette, LA, with another office in Lafayette, LA. She has 15 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Akhtar is affiliated with The Regional Medical Center of Acadiana, Our Lady of Lourdes Reg Medical Center and Southwest Medical Center-Lafayette. She speaks English.
Dr. Shameem Akhtar has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 22
This is the worst doctor's office I have ever dealt with. I am a healthcare professional and these people are just rude and demeaning esp secretary at the front desk. Just plain stupid. My 98 yr grandmother was turned around twice from this doctor's Office. The first time it was because she had no picture ID which she has never had in her life. Finally we got her one and had to reschedule appt which was two months later. My grandmother who is bed bound and very difficult to get into a car went for second visit and was turned around because she did not have insurance card with her Even when my sister verified her insurance over the phone the receptionist refused to talk to the representative. Not to mention my grandmother had been seen by this doctor before and has same insurance already on file. This was great inconvenience for my grandmother as well as other members of my family who had to take off work to transport her to the appt. I will never recommend this doctor and staff to any of my patients!!😡😡😡
Dr. Akhtar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
The Regional Medical Center of Acadiana
Our Lady of Lourdes Reg Medical Center
Southwest Medical Center-Lafayette
Regional Medical Center of Acadiana
15 Years Experience
Chittagong Medical College
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Shameem Akhtar accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Shameem Akhtar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lafayette, LA.