Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shamim V Shakibai has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Shakibaiâs ability to support my needs and respond to calls, manage my condition, address medication questions, give information about tests he had run, even manage a timely discharge from the Hospital were all poor. I would not recommend him to anyone. Hospital is stressful enough without having to chase your doctor to get basic information. His Office staff were unprofessional and proved incapable of drawing blood a simple procedure that resulted in me having to go over to a blood lab who had no issues. Luckily I have a new primary care physician who is wonderful and competent.
12 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Shamim V Shakibai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Shamim V Shakibai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Hollywood, CA.