Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shamsuddin S Pepermintwala has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Dr. Shamsuddin S Pepermintwala has the following 12 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. Shamsuddin S Pepermintwala is Board Certified in 2 specialties
Showing 5 of 32
The doctor takes time with each patient so the waiting times are long. Once you are in with him, he listens to everything you have to say and tries to help come up with solutions that work best for you. If you disagree with how his suggestions, he shows no offense and works to come up with a solution that works best for your family.
This doctor is the best I have seen! He got into the medical field for the right reasons, cause he cares about people not cause they are numbers aka turn and burn. I have worked in the medical for 8 years, and I find it sickening that doctors look at patients as a dollar sign and not a living person. No doctor has listened to me ever and yes I waited an hour to see him but he took 2 hours with me for an hour slot! He is really down to earth. He has more expensive rates but I promise you that for me it was worth every penny. Great listener and knows exactly what he is doing! I would recommend this doctor in a heart beat!
23 Years Experience
Seth Gs Medical College
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Shamsuddin S Pepermintwala accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsMidland Memorial Hospital West, 4214 Andrews Hwy, Midland, TX
Dr. Shamsuddin S Pepermintwala is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Midland, TX.