Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shane A Adkison MD
Dr. Shane A Adkison has 2 locations
2770 S 9th St
Salina, KS 67401
Dr. Shane A Adkison has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Shane A Adkison has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Shane A Adkison is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Office staff unprofessional and lie
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shane A Adkison - Posted on May 24th, 2017
I got sick the day before surgery with a high fever and called the hospital the day before and cancelled surgery. I have called their office weekly For the past five weeks to reschedule and they keep saying they are real booked up, the nurse will call me back . Well, no calls so I begged for an appointment to at less talk to the doctor as I am in extreme pain. I had my family doctor call and they called me to tell me that they have been trying to get in touch with me and to call them to reschedule my appointment. I called, was put on hold for a long time, and when the receptionist got back on the phone, she told me that the office manager has decided to not perform or schedule surgery AT ALL as I cancelled the day of. I was furious. They could have told me five weeks ago, gotten in with another doctor, and had this surgery I desperately need by now!!! How unprofessional to lie to me all this time. I even confirmed that the doctor was notified the day before. I have had about twenty surgeries in my lifetime and I have never gotten sick before. This is the first time, and knew I could not with a high fever. So, I do as they say, and now i am being punished for it. The worst part is that the doctor is very good and I trusted him with my care and to do an excellent job of surgery. Now, I have no idea what type of surgeon I will have!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shane A Adkison - Posted on April 23rd, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shane A Adkison - Posted on April 6th, 2010
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
26 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Halifax Medical Center
Dr. Shane A Adkison Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shane A Adkison, MD - Family Medicine in Salina, KS, in this video.
Dr. Shane A Adkison is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Salina, KS.