Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shane Alexander
Dr. Shane Alexander, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Kingman, KS. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Alexander is affiliated with Kingman Community Hospital and Kingman Regional Medical Center. Dr. Alexander has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Shane Alexander has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 38
Horrible you will wait at least an hour to be seen and that's if they don't put you in a room and forget you are there. Also if you are insures the insurance will be charges to the max allowed. He is supposed to care for his patients but I witnessed a young woman having to leave the office without her medication. No professionalism at all. The nurse spoke with her loudly in the large waiting area in front of all of us other patients. We now know the young lady was there for addiction medication she drove over an hour to get there it seems. The nurse refused to see her because her husband had dropped off pain pills from a surgery at a drop site. The woman was upset very much so. She asked the nurse why they would treat a patient like this and let them go without their meds and she was told by nurse not my problem. The young lady asked am I going to have to find a different dr? And that nurse rudely replied do what ever you think you need to do I don't care. To top all this off another dr. Comes out and raises his voice at young lady as does another woman. She was ganged up on Why? Because she was scared that she wasn't going to get meds her body is addicted to that this dr. it seems has been prescribing. I hope this girl ran like the wind. I know I will not be returning.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Alexander is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kingman Community Hospital
Kingman Regional Medical Center
20 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions760 W B Ave, Kingman, KS
Dr. Shane Alexander is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kingman, KS.