Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shane M Patterson
Dr. Shane M Patterson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Andreas, CA, with another office in San Andreas, CA. He has 14 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. Dr. Patterson is affiliated with Mark Twain St Joseph's Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Shane M Patterson has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Dr. Shane M Patterson has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Family Planning
Dr. Shane M Patterson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 30
I saw Dr. Patterson upon the recommendation of a friend. I liked his demeanor right away because he felt genuinely interested in my health. While asking a lot of questions during our first visit he noticed how my legs appeared swollen before I had a chance to tell him about them. He made a change to my high blood pressure medication and by the time I came back for my physical the swelling had gone away. Its not a miracle, but I had asked my former doctor a few times why my legs were swollen and I was just given "Lasix" each time.
I saw Dr. Patterson on an emergency visit, and also needed a new PCP. I've had diverticulosis for the past 5 years. His greeting to me when he entered the room was cold and unfriendly. He asked me how I got an appointment, and told me his practice was closed, you would assume that he would know his staff had given me the appointment,(I had seen a GYN in his practice who was great) so I was on their system. He did give me an Rx. for diverticulitis, but he only gave me 5 days worth of medication when the treatment is for 10 days of Cipro, along with an antifungal. I wouldn't recommend this Doctor to anyone.... I asked if he could refill my B.P. med since I was running low, he refused to fill my Rx., and told me to contact my GYN, in his office to refill it.
Dr. Patterson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
St Georges University
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Shane M Patterson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Shane M Patterson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Andreas, CA.