Dr. Shane A Shapiro Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Shane A Shapiro?

Needs a bedside manner, but knows his stuff

At first he was very abrupt, however, he now spends more time with me and explains procedures. I found that I had to force him to answer my questions. He has tried a number of different procedures on me to help me relieve my pain and is willing to spend time exploring new options rather than surgery. He needs to show a more compassionate attitude.

Just was not interested in my condition. Made up his mind and would not listen or take me seriously. Arrogant.

Short, uninterested, wrong diagnosis

Saw Dr. Shapiro for foot pain. He read my chart and must have made his mind up before he even examined me. Told me to have an EMG for neuropathy. The test came back negative but he refused to see me again and said I would have to see a neurologist. After fighting for a second opinion, I was seen by the foot surgeon and was diagnosed with fractures in both feet as well as short Achilles tendons. All require surgery now but Shapiro still stands by his diagnosis of neuropathy even after a NEGATIVE EMG and a neurologist visit which resulted in the physician laughing at Shapiro's opinion.