Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shane M Sopp has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Shane M Sopp has the following 13 expertise
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Breast Exam
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Urinary Incontinence
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Shane M Sopp has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Shane M Sopp is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Of all the Dr.'s I see he is my favorite. Extremely knowledgeable, patient, kind and very modern practices compared to others that I know. I've never had any problems at this practice. Although not a convenient location; I'd travel far to see this Dr.
Dr Sopp is certainly capable and qualified. I went to him because I have a tricky situation involving organs fused to other organs after numerous surgeries by other doctors. He was very excited about being the next surgeon to give it a shot. I had to remind him that I'm trying to *avoid another surgery.... Maybe I was being unrealistic -- he is a surgeon, after all.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Sopp is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1977
Suny Health Science Center
Dr. Shane M Sopp accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCommunity Campus at Upstate University Hospital, 4900 Broad Rd, Syracuse, NY
Dr. Shane M Sopp is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Syracuse, NY.