Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shankar Das
Dr. Shankar Das, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL, with other offices in Chicago, IL and Chicago, IL . He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Das is affiliated with Saints Mary And Elizabeth Medical Center and St. Mary of Nazareth Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Shankar Das has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 15
I have been searching for a caring doctor for the past 5 years. I had no luck. I had a back injury a few weeks ago and had to go to an immediate care office nearby my home. I was lucky enough to be seen by doctor Das. He was absolutely wonderful! Very caring. He took his time with me, made a diagnosis and prescribed medicines that helped immensely. In addition, he also ordered further tests to rule out any more serious conditions. I also have a weight issue. Although he addressed it, he was not mean or judgmental about it, as most doctors I've seen are. His office called ME for a follow up and I cannot wait to see him again! Wonderful experience. I didn't know doctors like him existed anymore.
Dr. Das is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saints Mary And Elizabeth Medical Center
St. Mary of Nazareth Medical Center
24 Years Experience
Topiwala National Medical College
Graduated in 1989
St Mary & Elizabeth Medical Center
Locations & Directions
Dr. Shankar Das is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.