Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shanna B Meads has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Shanna B Meads has the following 11 expertise
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
Dr. Shanna B Meads has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Shanna B Meads is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
We used Dr Meads as my husband had melanoma a year ago. She was very nice and attentive. He contacted staff infection at their surgery center and took him 3 months or more to get well, which was not what we had expected. Bottomline was that we were just happy to be rid of the cancer and get back to living. Now, one year later, another 'place' shows up in a location very near where the melanoma was a year ago. It's growing and after 2 or 3 days, we call the Dermotology Center to make an appt for what seems like an emergency to us. They offer us an appt in 3 months. We know in our hearts that this will NOT work and explain this is an emergency. The receptionist gets frustrated, transfers us to a nurse, who simply tells us that there are NO appts available and to find another doctor if we can't wait. We explain that we believe that Dr Meads would want to know about her patient who had this history of melonoma, etc. She refuses to offer us anything more and we find a doctor in Dallas who has a very good reputation and will 'work us in' in a week. Very disappointed in Dermotology Associates. And, just to think...we did like Dr Meads alot and she was very attentive a year ago, even through all the treatment for staff.
Dr. Meads is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Shanna B Meads accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUs Dermatology Associates Of Tyler Dominion Plaza, 1367 Dominion Plz, Tyler, TX
Dr. Shanna B Meads is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tyler, TX.