Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shannon R Card has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I took my 1 year old daughter to Dr. Card. on Wednesday he said that she had a virus and there was nothing he could do. She got so much worse that I took her back on Friday, Dr. Card seemed annoyed that I would bring her back, barely listened to her and said "I told you she has a virus and it will take time for her to get better." Then walked out. She woke up Saturday morning not breathing well at all, throwing up and coughing so hard it was scary. I took her to the walk in clinic they have on Saturdays, and another Dr. (Thank God) was working. I told him everything and he listened so well and checked my baby out, her oxygen was down to 86%, had to give her a breathing treatment. Took her over for xrays and found out she had double pneumonia. She was in the hospital for a week under an oxygen tent. I know Dr's are human and make mistakes, but more than the diagnosis, I fault him for the fact of not listening to me or her when she got worse. A mothers instincts should be listened to.
He's been my dr. for about 2 years now. A very quiet guy, but very focused and sharp. He doesn't say much, but is very observant and listens.The office, on the other hand, needs to be improved upon. His secretary is often unavailable by phone, and there is confusion sometimes in the office area. Perhaps this is due to the turnover in that department, of which Dr. Card has no control over.
Dr. Card has been my primary doctor since my birth. He has always been available for appointments, and the wait time to see him is not very long at all. He always makes sure to perform tests to make his diagnoses accurate. He asks questions and seems genuinely interested in seeing his patients get better.
39 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1979
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Shannon R Card accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMercy Clinic Family Medicine Berryville, 207 Carter St, Berryville, AR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shannon R Card in this video.
Dr. Shannon R Card is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Berryville, AR.