Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shannon L Mooney has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 14
I took my grandson in to this clinic bec my daughter is in College and has school that day. He had wheezing, fever and cough. When I got there I was told to sign and in and to please pay them $12.00. While weighing him I was asked if I was the mother and I told them that I was the Grandma (I sign in as Grandma by the way). I was then told that he cannot be seen bec my dau did not have auth for me to take him. I told them that I have brought him in before, they then checked his medical records sure enough it was on record that I did. They said that they just didn't follow proper procedure before. I said he is sick but they didn't care that he was coughing and wheezing. I said ok I'll take him to urgent care but I want my money back bec he wasn't being seen and they took my co-pay. This is when I got more upset bec she said that I have to wait maybe the next day bec the transaction won't hit until midnight. I guess they need to train their people on how to VOID a transaction. Needless to say I told my dau to try to find another clinic. And by the way, I checked my account and I still don't have my $12.00 back.
Called to make an appointment for both of my children they set an appointment up on a monday one at 915 for a check up and shots and the other up for 930 to check the iron for my other son. I walk in at 915 to the office wait in line behind someone at the window by the time I get up to sign in I was about 4 or 5 minutes past 915 they refuse to see my son because we were considered "late" even though I was in their office on time. Then they said I never made the appointment for my youngest son, when in fact I know I did I write everything the receptionist said down while i was on the phone scheduling the appointments. So I wasted a day off and had to deal with rude people... Im going to be calling my insurance company and seeing if i can change pediatricians as soon as possible. The staff is not kid friendly at all, they all seem upset everytime I have ever gone in, my kids do not like to go and they use to love going to the doctor before we moved and started going to this office. I just have not had a good experience at all.
16 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Shannon L Mooney accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTreehouse Pediatrics, 15930 S Great Oaks Dr Bldg B, Round Rock, TX
Dr. Shannon L Mooney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Round Rock, TX.