Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shannon Hudson has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Breast Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Doctor Hudson is always in rush, i had a laparoscopy to be done a year ago and she refused to give me the total cost of it since i was responsible for 20% of the total, i am trying to get my medical reports now as i am applying for disability and she won't send them to me, i have been waiting for a week and cannot get in touch with anyone, they hang up on you, terrible place, do not go there, i have been in pain for 2 years now waiting for the surgery and Dr Hudson refused to give me an estimate of the surgery!!
1. On my 1st visit, i was seen 2.5 hours late and for 45 min of that wait, had to stand because of lack of seating. During the last 15 minutes of that long wait, I saw Dr. H for the 1st time when she came out to reprimand reception for keeping the front so crowded. I then found out that they have a comfy waiting area past reception, where they asked me to move. Later, I was asked to move back to the front waiting area. I was timid (again, 1st visit) and did as told, but it did seem strange. 2. Dr. H told me I had a miscarriage when she didn't see the baby right away. She was very quick to make this pronouncement, but I chalked it up to a bad day/human error and forgave the mistake. 3. Dr. H reprimanded reception again on a different visit. 4. Despite the "Don't call us for test results, we'll call you" sign, I was not called when they lost my urine sample and had a prolonged bladder infection that we didn't know about as a result. 5. Dr. Worrel, who I would recommend Highly, were she associated with a different practice, informed me that Beth Israel has no bathtubs and limited showers. 6. I visited BI and was concerned by their high intervention rates, tiny rooms, lack of tubs, limited showers. 7. Decided that combo of issues with the hospital and the office of Levitan, Worrel and Hudson pointed to the fact that i needed to switch doctors. Though it's been two and half months, I am still at the mercy of their shortcomings and have had many hours of work correcting admin mistakes. For instance, I never had a 1st trimester screening because the office canceled my appointment last minute and rescheduled me for a time when the screening could no longer be done because it was too far into my 2nd tri. Also, admin mistakes resulted in my, now, possibly having to pay for a scan which was never performed because of miscommunication from the doctor's office to the insurance company. Beware.
23 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1995
Suny Health Science Center
Dr. Shannon Hudson accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPromed Staffing Resources, 16 W 36th St Fl 7, New York, NY
Dr. Shannon Hudson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.