Dr. Shannon Mcguire Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Shannon Mcguire?

Wonderful doctor. Highly recommend

Very upsetting experience

Dr McGuire saw my daughter at children's while she was having an episode hooked up to an EEG. My daughter has been having 40+ seizures over the past 6 weeks. Her seizures vary and it is my belief she is having 2 separate kinds. Dr McGuire comes in and immediately says my daughter is not having a seizure. She states that my daughter does not have epilepsy and is fully aware of what she is doing. Stating the seizure was Psychogenic, which I agree that that particular seizure probably was. My daughter could hear everything she was saying. When I stated that she mostly does not remember anything from during her seizures, that sometimes last an hour of convulsing, she said that's just what she tells you... My daughter came out of her seizure very upset and asking if they think she is making herself have them and that they are her fault... From a Psychogenic perspective this was horrible for my daughter. It was rude, unprofessional and counterproductive. Let me educate anyone out there, Psychogenic seizures are REAL seizures and they are controlled by the sub conscious and the body not consciously or purposefully by the patient. I wouldn't let this woman anywhere near my child again!!!!

Love Children's Hospital

Dr. McGuire is one if not the best doctors in her field.

My son was having uncontrolled, unexplained seizures and Dr. McGuire refused to give us a timely appointment, wait time to see this doctor is an average of 5+ months and it does not matter if your childs illness is an emergency. When my son was rushed to the emergency room at Childrens Hospital in New Orleans she was called for a consult and without even seeing him she directed us to have our pediatrician call her on the phone so they could discuss prescribing anticonvulsants. She never examined my son, she did not order any test, but that did not stop her from suggesting a very serious drug for an undiagnosed condition on a CHILD. Fortunately for my child he has parents with common sense and we consulted with our pediatrician and with his help we found a competent neurologist.