The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shannon P Pryor has the following 2 specialties
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
- Smell Disorders
- Swallowing Disorders
- Facial Trauma
- Hearing Loss
- Deviated Septum
- Chronic Sinusitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
When I first meet Dr Pryor I was a young 39 year old women with a growth in my tonsil. She was a younger woman than myself, yet I was impressed with her knowledge of her field. However, with that said what I should have been concerned and interested in, was how many prior surgeries had she performed before I allowed her to operate on me. I am now 55 years old and I have been been in pain eveyday from sympathic nerve damaged which caused me to lose everything, my job, my life, and all my dreams. I am bed ridden and live in chronic pain everyday. Basically she was a new doctor and I don't feel she was prepared to work on such a complex situation especially one as mine and someone my age. Children react differently to a tonsillectomy. Every major nerve in our bodies are in that area. It wasn't until a few years ago I realized that she was doing her residency when she operated on me. I know what happened was not intentional but I do feel she was fully untrained medically to operate on me and something went wrong. Sadly, for me, nerve damage is difficult to prove. But, I had worked for 23 years prior to that surgery and then became completely incompasitated immediately after she operated on me. People have their tonsils out all the time, so I know in my heart something went wrong. One more note....I begun a fierce struggle to figure out what happened and how to get better. The ENT I began seeing after the surgery had to go back in and operate because of a vein that was popping out into my throat and because Dr. Pryor had left part of one of my tonsil still in my throat. So also her work was a bit sloppy. The Neurologist I began seeing after her surgery clearly stated that damage was done to the nerves near the baro-receptors and sheath covering of the carotid ganglion near the tonsil. Most likely from too much heat in that critical area and what was causing all my pain and burning I live with and have for 15 years. This happened in 1999 so I hope that who ever reads this helps they learn from what has distroyed my life. ALWAYS ASK your surgeron had many times they have performed this surgery. It could change the outcome entirely.
24 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Shannon P Pryor accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedstar Georgetown University Hospital, 3800 Reservoir Rd NW, Washington, DC
Dr. Shannon P Pryor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.