Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shannon R Weatherford
Dr. Shannon R Weatherford, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Henrico, VA. She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Weatherford is affiliated with Henrico Doctors Hospital-Forest. Dr. Weatherford has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Shannon R Weatherford has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Shannon R Weatherford has the following 11 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Shannon R Weatherford has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Shannon R Weatherford is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 41
I have been a patient of Dr. Weatherford's for ten years. I met her in the operating room when she had to deliver my baby girl via C-Section. I continued to keep her as my OB/GYN due to her excellent bedside manner. Fours years later she found abnormal cells on my cervix and recommended I have a hysterectomy ASAP. She performed that surgery as well and made my feel safe and at ease during that process. I have recommended her to several of my friends, all of which continue to see her.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Weatherford is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System
Dr. Shannon R Weatherford accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
Locations & DirectionsOb/Gyn Associates Ltd, 7601 Forest Ave Ste 228, Henrico, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shannon R Weatherford in this video.
Dr. Shannon R Weatherford is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Henrico, VA.