More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shanthi Sivanandam
Dr. Shanthi Sivanandam, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology. Dr. Sivanandam is affiliated with Hennepin County Medical Center, Meritcare Hospital and Bethesda Rehabilitation Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Shanthi Sivanandam has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
Dr. Shanthi Sivanandam has the following 5 expertise
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
Dr. Shanthi Sivanandam is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Sivanandam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Hennepin County Medical Center
Bethesda Rehabilitation Hospital
Healtheast Woodwinds Hospital
North Memorial Medical Center
Healtheast St John's Hospital
St. Joseph's Hospital
Fairview Ridges Hospital
University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview
Healtheast St Joseph's Hospital
Fairview Southdale Hospital
Childrens Hospitals and Clinics
Fairview Red Wing Medical Center
Sanford Medical Center Fargo
21 Years Experience
Psg Institute Of Medical Sciences And Research
Graduated in 1992
University Of Minnesota
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsInstitute for Athletic Medicine-Minneapolis Uptown, 3033 Excelsior Blvd, Minneapolis, MN
Dr. Shanthi Sivanandam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.