Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Shanti R Martinez-Aksamit
Dr. Shanti R Martinez-Aksamit, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tucson, AZ. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Adolescent Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Martinez-Aksamit is affiliated with Carondelet Holy Cross Hospital & Health Center and Northwest Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Shanti R Martinez-Aksamit has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Shanti R Martinez-Aksamit has the following 5 expertise
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Substance Abuse
- Birth Control
Dr. Shanti R Martinez-Aksamit has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 7
I was in a recent accident and provided medical brief history, but was at doctor's for an unrelated reason. She repeatedly told me to "sit still and be quiet" which is absolutely inappropriate. I am an elderly person who was taught to show respect to others in my lifetime. This doctor does not live by those ethics. I foolishly did not walk out immediately, but I definitely will never return for such disrespectful treatment. As soon as my husband joined me in the room, she immediately changed her behavior. I want to forewarn others of the poor treatment given. She is extremely rude and controlling in her personality. Very bizarre doctor and experience.
Dr. Martinez-Aksamit is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
University Of Arizona College Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsLa Paloma Urgent Care, 4001 E Sunrise Dr, Tucson, AZ
Dr. Shanti R Martinez-Aksamit is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tucson, AZ.