Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Shanti Thomas has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Shanti Thomas has the following 5 expertise
- Cancerous Tumor
Dr. Shanti Thomas is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Would not recommend DR. Thomas to my family or friends
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shanti Thomas - Posted on April 30th, 2017
We waited for over an hour to see DR.Thomas and she spent less then 10 minutes with us. A good Doctor takes time with their patients, Especially a Cancer or Hematology Doctor people come in not knowing if they have Cancer, They need an Empathetic Doctor a caring Doctor , And Dr Thomas is not of these but more important is a doctor that explains things . We were given a medication and the docotrdoctor did not explain the side effects or what to look for , And did not even give us a diet to follow for the condition that she diagnosed. She runs behind on her schedule not because she spends lot of time with patients BUT BECAUSE SHE has a very large schedule, I would not recommend her to my family or friends.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shanti Thomas - Posted on September 9th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shanti Thomas - Posted on July 30th, 2012
Avoid this doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Shanti Thomas - Posted on December 3rd, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Shanti Thomas Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMICHIGAN INSTITUTE ONCOLOGY, 15750 Northline Rd, Southgate, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shanti Thomas, MD - Medical Oncology in Southgate, MI, in this video.
Dr. Shanti Thomas is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Southgate, MI.