Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shanti S Yerra has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
This doctor is not in Springfield. She is a hospitalist at a hospital in Cape Girardeau Missouri. Unfortunately I had the experience of having her as the doctor of my mother. I can't even begin to tell the horrific events that took place because of this careless and arrogant so called doctor! I wish I could go back and do something so that my mom would still be here today. Everything that the previous hospitalist had done for her, was good and then Dr Yerra came in and cancelled all that he did telling us that he was wrong. My mother was alive and felt better in his care. I just wish I could go back.
The staff is fine. Dr. Yerra is polite. She never suggested that I see a parkensin specialist, but after two years of problems a nurse at church told me that the AMA says people with my condition should see a specialist three to four times a year. I got my own specialist but kept Dr. Yerra as my primary. When I was in the hospital, the specialist would order something and Dr. yerra would come by later and change the orders. Eventually my grandson got me to get another primary.
Dr. Yerra is horrible. If you never have anything but a common cold she will be great...but anything more complicated, your in trouble. I agree with another users comment that she does not like to be questioned...and would add that she tries to dictate to specialist what she wants of their expertise rather than allow them to do their job. Would not recommend to anyone.
Dr. Yerra treated me very poorly. When I disagreed with her diagnosis I was told I could go to the "Mayo Clinic" or "John Hopkins" and be told the same thing. I ended up in another healthcare facility because she gave my file a specific marking that said I don't pay my bills - the billing department disagreed with her but nothing could be done. After going to a different hospital system I found the correct diagnosis and proved she was completely off-base. I have been healthy for two years after being mis-diagnosed for seven years. I recommend that NO ONE goes to this doctor ... she is dangerous and has a malicious attitude to her patients if they disagree with her.
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine At Peoria
Dr. Shanti S Yerra accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Shanti S Yerra is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cape Girardeau, MO.