Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sharad S Patel has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Sharad S Patel has the following 16 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Sleep Disorders
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Back Pain
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Smoking Cessation
- Geriatric Medicine
Showing 5 of 21
This doctor is a joke. He is incompetent and arrogant - obviously not insightful. Stay far away from him and if by chance he is chosen as your doctor at Providence St. Josephs for ER care - immediately request someone else. He will try to keep you in the hospital longer then needed probably to make up for cash he looses each year due to his reputation and angry demeanor.
There's not much I can say do to pending litigation. Dr. Patel was assigned to our case in the ER of Providence St. Joseph Medical Center. We didn't see him for many hours and when he finally showed up, we could barely understand a word he said. He stayed with us about 2 1/2 minutes and then left. Over three days we saw him twice. He was very rude and we asked for him to be replaced on our case. The nurses at the hospital seem to fear his wrath and when I told one of them that I didn't like him and how rude he was, she responded that she didn't blame me and the many of the nurses felt that way. I hope more people will leave their experiences with him here.
Works with geriatic crowd.....a look in the waiting room would show about 35 people, with gray skin and wrinkles... walkers, oxygen tanks, probable close-up reading glasses, and, subjectively, unhappy faces. I saw only one out of the whole group with lipstick.....a sad picture. The doctor likes water pills and diuretics, and a few of his own favorites that cause one to have pain. He gets angry if you complain. He doesn't tell the truth about all of the schools he has attended. He has his nurse give you injections and you seldom, if ever, told what they are. He is listed on "Angies List" should that matter to anyone, but has no critiques.Several nurses at Providence Saint Joseph Hospital say that he can get very angry, and one even told me "If only I could tell you the stories I have heard from patients.He was not fully trained in the USA, and was Made in India. Good Luck!It doesn't matter how many years he lists as practicing medicine, He should be thankful that he was allowed in this country to practice medicine; thus, he should be a much nicer, and caring person.
50 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Sharad S Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsInstitute For Better Breathing, 201 S Buena Vista St Ste 440, Burbank, CA
Dr. Sharad S Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Burbank, CA.