Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Sharad R Vyas has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 29
Have taken my kids to him since birth. My oldest is 18 now and still goes to him. We moved out of state for a few years and when we came back my kids chose to come back to him. When insurance did not take omni anymore, we tried a few other places, but children were not happy. Luckily a few months later insurance took omni again and my kids chose to go back to him again. I always found him to be thorough and knowledgeable.
Great staff, horrible doctor. I could always get an appointment when my children were sick and his nurse is very comforting and accomodating. Too bad Dr Vyas does not take pointers from her. He does not communicate well and does not listen well. He is definitely a "wait and see what happens" kinda guy. If you want your child to run a very high fever for 10 days before he does anything about it, then he's the guy for you. We spent more time in the ER than at his office due to his lack of willingness to treat aggressively. Thank god I do not have to torture my children with him EVER again!
I have moved to the area recently. My son had a high fever and I was able to get an appointment right away. Staff was polite. Office is very clean. My son does not like to go to a doctors office, however Dr Vyas was able to build a rapport with my son and was happy to go for the follow up appointment.
Dr. Sharad R Vyas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedical Associates Of Brevard, 2186 Harris Ave NE Ste 2, Palm Bay, FL
Dr. Sharad R Vyas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palm Bay, FL.