Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Sharafali Y Diwan
Dr. Sharafali Y Diwan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Diwan is affiliated with Houston Northwest Medical Center, Tomball Regional Medical Center and Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Sharafali Y Diwan has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hepatitis C
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Lyme Disease
- Tropical Diseases
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Diwan treated me in 2005 while I was as in patient at HNW Medical Center he saved my life, if it had not been for his course of treatment I would not be here today. I have continued on as a patient of his since then and would not see ANYONE else. Excellent bedside manor, he remembers you and is a caring professional. His office staff is second to none.
I was critically ill when Dr Diwan treated me, when my regular doctor had given up Dr. Diwan who was also treating me stepped up and changed the course of treatment changing antibiotics and just treating me instead of deciding to take me out of ICU because it was a waste of money to continue to care for me and also that there were other patients who needed the ICU unit and the ventilator more than I(my regular Dr expressed this to my family) I have seen Dr. Diwan since 2005 and her is the best in everything he does.
Dr. Diwan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Sharafali Y Diwan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSharafali Y Diwan Md, 18220 State Highway 249 Ste 230, Houston, TX
Dr. Sharafali Y Diwan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.