Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Shari A Berg
Dr. Shari A Berg, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Pinellas Park, FL. She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Berg is affiliated with Bayfront Medical Center, St Anthony's Hospital and Largo Medical Center. Dr. Berg has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Shari A Berg has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 28
Most doctors I've encountered churn out patients like fast food chains churn out beef patties and/or they tend to have a could care less attitude. So when I first met Dr. Berg in 2004, she left me in a state of shock due to how compassionate she was and how much time she spent with me. And her demeanor didn't change as time passed. If anything she became more of a friend I looked forward to seeing rather than the stereotypical doctor you dread to see. As an indication of just how fantastic Shari Berg, DO is, when she left her first practice I did too. I then became her patient once again at her new and improved medical office in Palm Harbor. Unfortunately, I moved to north Florida in 2008 and I had to discontinue seeing my all star primary care doctor. And my new medical doctors couldn't stand in Dr. Berg's shadow even on their best days. The good news is I recently moved back to Pinellas County and hope she is accepting new patients. Thanks Dr. Berg for being the best physician I ever had!
Dr. Shari Berg is one of the best Dr.'s I have come into contact with and it has been a pleasure being a patient of hers for the last 2/3 years. I first became acquainted with Dr. Berg when my husband's primary insurance carrier had been changed by his employer. Since then I, my husband and our eldest daughter have been her patients and followed her to three different offices and will continue to do so. Dr. Berg has been nothing but cordial and no matter how her day is going she ALWAYS has a smile on her face and is there for YOU....HER PATIENT.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Berg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Shari A Berg accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVerimed Health Group, 9365 US Highway 19 N Ste E, Pinellas Park, FL
Dr. Shari A Berg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pinellas Park, FL.