Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Shari B Green has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Shari B Green has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Shari B Green is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
Dr Green prescribed me a steroid medication making sure I wasn't pregnant...or at least I thought. I was on the drug for 3 days when I took a home pregnancy test which came back positive. Out of concern I called her. Since she didn't call me back I called her again the next day. Since she didn't call me back once again, my husband called the office angry. He asked that the doctor at least call me back. Eventually she did call saying only that she could no longer discuss my case. I should now discuss this problem with my Obgyn. WOW. WOW. She is my doctor! Not anymore. Dr Green I am still after all this time very disappointed with you. I used to respect you.
Long story short...booking an appt especially if urgent min 2 weeks. I book a physical in May, the earliest I got was August. I planned to take off of work but a week before my appointment got cancelled because now Dr. Green is on vacation and got to rebook another 3 months later. And all she can say was " I'm allowed to take vacation right?" Not the friendliest or warmest with discussing my health concerns and at time very sarcastic. To top it off she tried to charge me 15 dollars for a doctors note for my job which she never told me until I went to the reception desk and the assistant told me! Who does that?? Sorry honey I'm not paying for your lunch and latte. Inconsiderate/Money hungry doctors and so sad that it's a female. I will be taking my health and business elsewhere.
I have been a patient of Dr Green for 7 years, and can honestly say there is no better primary care physician. She is very detailed in diagnosing any illness, as well as offering preventative advice. Unfortunately for me I have moved to FL, and cannot find a doctor that I trust with my life as I did with Shari Green.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
19 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1999
University Of Virginia Health System
Dr. Shari B Green accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorth Shore Cardiology And Internal Medicine, 1 Dakota Dr, New Hyde Park, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Shari B Green in this video.
Dr. Shari B Green is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.